Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Judge Judy teaches the world what an effective impeachment truly is.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Judge Judy teaches the world what an effective impeachment truly is.

In two minutes she gets a brazen defendant to admit to attempted assault, then go back on what he said in his affidavit then impeach him and teach him a life lesson, all in the span on 2 minutes.
    http://jezebel.com/355249/judge-judy...pect-for-women

Re: Judge Judy teaches the world what an effective impeachment truly is.

Somehow I doubt that what happens in Judge Judy's courtroom is done under oath. I believe both parties just agree to go on the show and the show picks up the tab for whatever 'judgement' is given to each side... then pays an appearance fee for the people on the show...

Good clip though

Comment

Wow...though I dislike Judge Judy...I'd have to say that video made her my new hero for today.

Comment

I did the research on TV judge shows before, out of curiosity. Turns out they are all real, legally binding arbitrations. Since it is an arbitration, I am unsure of whether or not parties are officially sworn (I would think so if there is a bailiff, though), however I would think lying to a judge for the purposes of gaining an advantage in an arbitration still is perjury. I only believe this because any judicial hearing that submits previously sworn testimony (thereby allowing the use of pleadings and interrogations) would force testimony in that hearing to be consistent with the previous testimony under penalty of a fine.

Comment

[quote author=Glassplate link=topic=3688.msg162218#msg162218 date=1203135753]
          Somehow I doubt that what happens in Judge Judy's courtroom is done under oath. I believe both parties just agree to go on the show and the show picks up the tab for whatever 'judgement' is given to each side... then pays an appearance fee for the people on the show...

Good clip though
          [/quote]

I thought I caught her saying something about the "defendant's answer" during those 2 minutes; I think she meant his answer to the complaint. Wouldn't be under oath, but it is a signed court document, and you don't lie in those things.

Comment

I dunno, I don't know why in an answer to the complaint you would say you grabbed her shirt and pulled her toward you. That sounded like an answer to a deposition question.

Also, AWESOME. :gavel: <--Judge Judy + Smack Down
            But you look too young to be a lawyer.

Comment

Working...
            X