GOOOO JOHN MCCAIN!!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GOOOO JOHN MCCAIN!!!!!

your right hova. i was just participating in the discussion with mayitpleaseme. thanks so much for taking the time to clarify what your points of view are. however, just explain things to me if i ask next time. i understand mayitpleaseme without your explanations though, strangely enough. what i don't understand is why you feel the need to talk down to me. is the reason because you just cant respond to any post with out some overzealous comment or underhanded insult aimed at someone else?
    i just don't get you. i feel like your goal on most posts is to insert a fact/ response and then insult or offend someone at the same time.

Comment

[quote author=MosDef link=topic=3744.msg167712#msg167712 date=1211384341]
      i just don't get you. i feel like your goal on most posts is to insert a fact/ response and then insult or offend someone at the same time.
      [/quote]
      Yes. But I limit my attacks to stupid posts. That's key.

Comment

yeah, stupid posts, like the ones that sympathize with the physically disabled.

Comment

touche.

Comment

[quote author=MosDef link=topic=3744.msg167736#msg167736 date=1211434563]
            yeah, stupid posts, like the ones that sympathize with the physically disabled.
            [/quote]
            Is English your second language? Sympathize? I think for better connotations you'd want to hardline with a word that has some firmer connotations. Without those connotations, this sentence really is awkward. Here, let's have a lesson Mos Def:
            Sympathize-verb[intrans.] to agree in sentiment or opinion; understanding between people, common feeling. From the French 'sympathie' or "friendly understanding."
            This must have been misguided. Otherwise, we need to talk about getting you a style book.

Well now I've got a mission: Mos Def, you WILL be a better writer one day. If you aren't, it's because you've ignored my criticism.

Comment

Perhaps you need a grammar lesson Hova. "Hardline" is not a verb. It doesn't make sense for MosDef to "want to hardline." That construction is much more awkward than MosDef's previous post.

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain and most fools do. Instead of recognizing MosDef's point and responding in an intelligible fashion, you choose to attack. Criticizing someone's grammar speaks volumes about your insecurity.

Comment

thank you mommac and rane of death for the backing there.

and to answer your question hova, no- english is my first language (but not my last.) I didn't know you had a problem with ESL people too! I guess I should have figured that though.

Comment

[quote author=cooreynj link=topic=3744.msg164146#msg164146 date=1204753918]
                  McCain is going to be the next president of the United States. The Dems still have 2 months at least of bickering and primary fights to get through, and then we are going to see the first contested political convention in decades. I'm excited for the drama that will unfold, and for the obvious victory that McCain will notch for the GOP. A true American Hero heading to the White House.
                  [/quote]

And despite the above opinion being fairly common two months ago, it seems like the protracted fight really helped the democrats and Obama in particular. It gave them all the attention, and even now that it's (mostly) settled, all the focus is on Obama. The "infighting" is actually helping them, because all anyone wants to talk about is if he's going to make Hillary VP or not. Meanwhile, McCain's having to FIGHT for the spotlight.

Comment

[quote author=Herb link=topic=3744.msg168147#msg168147 date=1212866594]
                    And despite the above opinion being fairly common two months ago, it seems like the protracted fight really helped the democrats and Obama in particular. It gave them all the attention, and even now that it's (mostly) settled, all the focus is on Obama. The "infighting" is actually helping them, because all anyone wants to talk about is if he's going to make Hillary VP or not. Meanwhile, McCain's having to FIGHT for the spotlight.
                    [/quote]

I completely disagree. If this primary fight helped Obama so much he should be up by AT least 15 points right now. The truth is every democrat in the country should be leading by double digits given the state of the economy, the Bush fiascos, and the war in Iraq. That simply is not the case, and I'm willing to credit a large part of that to the Hillary-Obama knock out primary.
                    "America is all about speed. Hot, Nasty, Bad Ass Speed." -Elanor Roosevelt

Comment

[quote author=cooreynj link=topic=3744.msg168149#msg168149 date=1212870551]
                      If this primary fight helped Obama so much he should be up by AT least 15 points right now.
                      [/quote]
                      Holy unreasonable, Batman!

Hyperbole aside, I think there is some credence to this. But with the nomination sewn up, the Dems can begin to turn all money towards the general election. I think they have the potential to really tear into him (Note of Bias: Democratic opinion) given his voting record, which is always the pitfall of senator-turned-presidential candidates (see: John Kerry). The marriage of John McCain and George Bush begins. To what effect it will be effective I don't know.

I also think the pickups of the McCain campaign of the "change" slogan give Obama much stumping material. I'm referring to the McCain speeches were he says he is the "real change" candidate. It appears as though Obama is control of the larger message and the trajectory of the election, and the McCain campaign is playing to him.

Finally, there will be so many clips of John McCain saying "100 years in Iraq." Similarly, his admitted lack of understanding of economic issues will play a major role in debates I'm sure.

Comment

I disagree. Given the state of the economy, Bush's approval ratings, and the general election ballot (Which shows democrats up by 14 points) Obama should be registering much higher numbers. The fact that he isn't provides evidence that his political honeymoon is over. People find his well written speeches, and effective delivery attractive, but after you hear the same rhetoric delivered in Obama's now famous metered tone..it becomes repetitive. The Hillary Clinton vote factor also cannot be denied. Even if 5 percent of the 30 plus percent that say they will not vote, or will cross over to McCain, the election will flop to McCain.

We shall see.
                        "America is all about speed. Hot, Nasty, Bad Ass Speed." -Elanor Roosevelt

Comment

[quote author=cooreynj link=topic=3744.msg168165#msg168165 date=1212945568]
                          I disagree. Given the state of the economy, Bush's approval ratings, and the general election ballot (Which shows democrats up by 14 points) Obama should be registering much higher numbers. The fact that he isn't provides evidence that his political honeymoon is over. People find his well written speeches, and effective delivery attractive, but after you hear the same rhetoric delivered in Obama's now famous metered tone..it becomes repetitive. The Hillary Clinton vote factor also cannot be denied. Even if 5 percent of the 30 plus percent that say they will not vote, or will cross over to McCain, the election will flop to McCain.

We shall see.
                          [/quote]

you are so smart Nick!
                          Boldly going where no blonde has gone before.

Comment

Working...
                          X