Nats case!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nats case!

What are your thoughts on this new case? Better/worse than Winter v. TBD? Any interesting theories or takes on characters you'd be willing to share?

I think Winter had more cool procedural things than Taylor. It's a nice change of pace, but I'm glad it's only for one tournament. It's probably going to be way dryer than Winter.

Comment

Originally posted by Roger_Wilco View Post
      I think Winter had more cool procedural things than Taylor. It's a nice change of pace, but I'm glad it's only for one tournament. It's probably going to be way dryer than Winter.
      Yeah, I think the affidavits rather than depos leaves a lot less room for creativity. At least it'll stay fresh. What do you think is the best call btw? I'm wondering how good a non expert call might be for plaintiff

Comment

The thing I like most about this case is that it's so open to crazy characters. Copyright law doesn't have to be super serious, so I can definitely see teams taking a fun and lighthearted approach. It was harder to do that in a discrimination case.

Comment

Originally posted by DefenseMid View Post
          The thing I like most about this case is that it's so open to crazy characters. Copyright law doesn't have to be super serious, so I can definitely see teams taking a fun and lighthearted approach. It was harder to do that in a discrimination case.
          It seems like AMTA is totally encouraging that approach too! Setting it in the midlands equivalent of hollywood and populating the case with actors/writers is essentially giving people free license to have fun with it. That being said I'm glad it's a nats case rather than a yearlong case, because having only better schools use this case means there'll probably be less cringy or outright offensive characters.

Comment

Working...
          X