Score Analysis

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Score Analysis

So my program enters raw ballot data into an excel spreadsheet for something called "score analysis." Basically, it takes the raw numbers and gives more useful feedback -- how competitors and teams did on average and how individuals scored on each piece of content compared to the median and mean score of the round. I know some other teams do this, and I was wondering how common it is and whether the details differ.

Does your team use score analysis? What program does it run on? What metrics do you measure?

I know around ten years ago perjuries collaborated on making a version of score analysis. It might be cool to collaborate on an update or share the best parts of several score analysis formats... comment if you're interested!

My team uses the program Mock Stats made by captainbowtie back when he was in undergrad (thanks for that btw). I know there's a version that runs separately but we use the excel version because it's useful for sharing scores with everyone. I like it a lot and have different versions for the program as a whole, indavidual teams, and indavidual tournaments. If we do an updated version it would be great to be able to differentiate between roles for people who double and to see where people fall within the curve of a particular judge's scoring.

Comment

Our program does something similar! We actually have role differentiation and something called "halfrange" that lets you see where you fall within the curve. It takes the halfway point of the judge's highest score for that round and the lowest score for that round and sees how far above or below that line you are. I find it useful but a lot of my team disagrees lol. We can only track individual tournaments though and don't have any versions to track our program as a whole or certain individuals though, those are super good ideas.

Comment

Working...
      X