Mid Year Meeting Minutes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mid Year Meeting Minutes

The minutes for the mid year board meeting have been posted. Thoughts?

Not sure why the link in the last post didn't work, but here's the correct link: http://www.collegemocktrial.org/2018...%20Minutes.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by The Real Mock Prodigy View Post
      The minutes for the mid year board meeting have been posted. Thoughts?
      not much to see here

Comment

The most important change that came out of this meeting was the removal of the Midlands Rules of Criminal Procedure from the AMTA universe. While it is true that most of the information was unnecessary due to stipulations and pre-trial orders covering most of the bases, there are still a lot of uses for this document (i.e. impeaching a defendant who said they weren't allowed to subpoena witnesses to testify on their behalf). This document opened a lot of doors for creative arguments if people used it correctly, and it's sad that they've been removed from the AMTA universe.

Comment

Hm. Interesting point. I wonder if that can just be fixed with case law in each fact pattern. Remove avenues for parties to argue by writing in case law as needed.

Comment

Well that's entirely possible, but the amount of case law it would take to makeup for a 12 page document would be overwhelming.

Comment

Most of the rules just aren't relevant in most cases though. I bet that's why they removed it. When a certain procedural issue does rear its face in a case, just write a case law for that case.

Comment

Working...
              X