Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should any regionals get an 8th bid this year?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those who are curious, Rule 6.6 is being applied to Regionals with 24 teams or more this year - so any Regional with 24 or more teams will have 8 direct bids. 20 teams is the minimum to have 7 bids, so nearly every Regional will have 7 or 8 bids. As a few have mentioned, I'm presuming the lower threshold (compared to previous years) for getting an 8th bid stems from having an additional 24 bids to ORCS this year. So this weekend for example, Claremont will have 8 bids but all other Regionals will have 7.

Comment

Originally posted by bengarmoe View Post
      For those who are curious, Rule 6.6 is being applied to Regionals with 24 teams or more this year - so any Regional with 24 or more teams will have 8 direct bids. 20 teams is the minimum to have 7 bids, so nearly every Regional will have 7 or 8 bids. As a few have mentioned, I'm presuming the lower threshold (compared to previous years) for getting an 8th bid stems from having an additional 24 bids to ORCS this year. So this weekend for example, Claremont will have 8 bids but all other Regionals will have 7.
      Is this confirmed from AMTA? I am having trouble accessing the site.

Comment

I also can't access the website. Appears to be down.

Comment

It's back up, and the Rule 6.6 bids have been added (http://www.collegemocktrial.org/tour...rned-bid-list/)

Comment

Regionals that received 8th bid:
            Minneapolis (32)
            Lawrence (24)
            Owings Mills (30)
            New Haven (32)
            New Rochelle (25)
            Orlando (30)
            Claremont (31)
            Houston (25)
            Williamsburg (24)

Comment

I am not sure how much of a fan I am of this system. If one no-power team dropped out of Lawrence or Williamsburg (which would make it a more competitive regional) then they would also lose a bid. I just think that There was a pretty substantial drop between Orlando/Owings Mills and Houston/New Rochelle. 5 teams is pretty considerable. I wish that they had cut it off at 30. I think that would make more sense to me. I think this makes New Rochelle, Lawrence, Houston, and Williamsburg waaaay too easy all the sudden.

Comment

Working...
              X