Penn State sanctions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nur Rauch View Post
    Yeah I incrementally removed stuff from my signature on here over the past few months. I'm screwed if an employer googles my name and finds this forum.
    Hahaha, that was directed at certain others, but I hear you. I figure my Facebook profile is basically one CONSTANT condemnation of my character. What I say here hardly matters.
    "Call on God, but row away from the rocks." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

• Originally posted by JayZ View Post
      Hahaha, that was directed at certain others, but I hear you. I figure my Facebook profile is basically one CONSTANT condemnation of my character. What I say here hardly matters.
      I don't even bother thinking about that. If I ever need a new job, my failed predictions from the Claremont regional alone will do me in.
      Mock Trial with J. Reinhold! Mock Trial! Mock Trial with J. Reinhold!

Comment

Yeah I incrementally removed stuff from my signature on here over the past few months. I'm screwed if an employer googles my name and finds this forum.
        This just got me paranoid and googling my name. I've got some weirder things popping up than perjuries posts, including something called "Bash'd: a Gay Rap Opera" written by Aaron Macri. Who is Aaron Macri and what is this? lol
        Objection ... he's making my witness look like a fool.

Comment

• Originally posted by a-mac View Post
          This just got me paranoid and googling my name. I've got some weirder things popping up than perjuries posts, including something called "Bash'd: a Gay Rap Opera" written by Aaron Macri. Who is Aaron Macri and what is this? lol
          FUCKING AWESOME, that's what!

Yeah, my problem is everything I Google IS ME. Plausible deniability is a pipe dream when your last name is "Zarzycki."

Comment

• Originally posted by JayZ View Post
            FUCKING AWESOME, that's what!

Yeah, my problem is everything I Google IS ME. Plausible deniability is a pipe dream when your last name is "Zarzycki."
            Everything?
            http://florida.arrests.org/Arrests/J...zycki_3209775/
            Objection ... he's making my witness look like a fool.

Comment

Everything?

Zarzycki Manor Chapels, Ltd.

Comment

True, I forgot about that dude. I was certain the bar would bug me about it when I applied. =P I'd like to meet him someday, it'd be fun to represent him.

Comment

Oh, there are a surprising amount of Zarzyckis. Just not many Jeremy Zarzyckis. It's not that uncommon of a polish name, especially around MI/OH area.

Comment

• http://www.gelfmagazine.com/
                    Mock Trial with J. Reinhold! Mock Trial! Mock Trial with J. Reinhold!

Comment

• http://shaph.com/

Wish I knew who stole my... er, came up with such a brilliant name for a website!
                      Last edited by ShaphPrime; February 28th, 2012, 05:06 PM.
                      Monkey killing monkey killing monkey over pieces of the ground.

Comment

• I personally never commented because I don't know the entire story. I want AMTA board to give an explanation for their decision. Even if they can justify it, which in my opinion is a high burden of proof, the entire mock community is from what I've observed is displeased with the level of punishment given and derserves an explaination.
                        You think you know, but you have no idea!

Comment

• I am sure that there is more to the story than Penn state is saying. I would be surprised if AMTA took away not 1 not 2 but 3 bids to orcs for switching equal teams among regionals. Before people start pulling out pitchforks lets ACTUALLY get the full story.

Comment

• I believe Penn State is being honest. Seriously, he wrote some long posts and I believe them. No, I not disagreeing, but I want to hear AMTA side of the story. I see no reason to disbelieve Penn State. THey even posted their own appeal
                            You think you know, but you have no idea!

Comment

• I totally agree that what everything Penn state actually said was truthful, but I just feel like something is not being said. Steel city is a tournament in Pittsburg so based on what penn state has said I would guess they sent their A team there because there members live around there and it was cheaper. just like there main reason for switching the teams at regionals. Yes there B team did very well at a stronger field. and yes there B team out did them at Cornell. But at both of those tournaments both teams faced other strong teams. One question I have is how did the fields at Fordham compare to Swarthmore. and what were the reasons for picking those tournaments. Just a thought.

Also Penn State failed to mention that they sent "an" A team to Fordham. Their A team went 6-2 while their B team went 4-2-2 Just throwing that out there.
                              Last edited by gaelmocker; February 29th, 2012, 12:25 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by gaelmocker View Post
                                Also Penn State failed to mention that they sent their A team to Fordham. Their A team went 6-2 while their B team went 4-2-2 Just throwing that out there.
                                I usually refrain from posting on here, but when the facts aren't right it becomes necessary. As captain of the internally designated Penn State "C" team, I can tell you that our team was listed as the "A" team at Fordham. This occurred simply because we showed up to the tournament five minutes prior to our internally designated "B" team (who was listed as PSU "B" at Fordham) and I registered my team first. We finished 6-2 and placed 3rd, and our "B" team (who faced much harder competition at the tournament) went 4-4-2 and finished 5th. All of this information can be confirmed by the Tournament Director at Fordham, Chris Darcy, and corroborated with our official rosters that were sent to AMTA. As for our internally designated "A" team, they competed at Swarthmore that weekend.

Furthermore, in terms of the appeal, AMTA never questioned our designations to Fordham because they were made aware of the aforementioned information.

End rant.
                                Last edited by TensAllDay; February 29th, 2012, 12:18 AM.
                                Talk Less, Do More

Comment

Working...
                                X