Help defending J.J.Thompson?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help defending J.J.Thompson?

Can anyone give me some tips on defending J.J. Thompson?
    Don't be too specific, just general tips.
    Thanks.

Re: Help defending J.J.Thompson?

Oh, man, I LOVED the defense side of this case. I'm not sure what general tips to give, though, other than: don't call J.J. Thompson. Do you have any particular questions?

Comment

I recommend not calling Dr. Brown, either

Comment

I was all about Dr. Brown, partly because ours was a rock star. For the other reason, it's hard to get into why without specifics. But suffice to say, with a Dr. Racheter played as many college students tend to play witnesses (inappropriately altering facts, denying affidavit content, and generally becoming partisan), it was real easy to have Brown as the only credible expert in the round.

My team's 4th round opponent that year handed that to me (the Racheter crosser) on a silver platter. It's still my favorite round, to this day.

Comment

This seems like a really cool case. Does anyone have the PDF case packet? Could you PM it to me? I have spring break coming up and need to cure boredom :P

Comment

[quote author=xavier86 link=topic=4136.msg173921#msg173921 date=1237251905]
            This seems like a really cool case. Does anyone have the PDF case packet? Could you PM it to me? I have spring break coming up and need to cure boredom :P
            [/quote]

AMTA has become pretty serious about its IP rights lately. The case is the IP of AMTA. If your school was registered for the academic year that the Thompson case was used (02-03?) you can email Susan Ewing at the AMTA HQ and she will give you access to the case.
            It's all about the U.

Comment

[quote author=UMCane*GWB link=topic=4136.msg176624#msg176624 date=1240948765]
              AMTA has become pretty serious about its IP rights lately. The case is the IP of AMTA. If your school was registered for the academic year that the Thompson case was used (02-03?) you can email Susan Ewing at the AMTA HQ and she will give you access to the case.
              [/quote]

I didn't know that they would do this, though it certainly makes sense. I'm now excited to get my hands on the Everest Experience case, which for some reason I no longer have. I've wanted to re-read it for some time.
              [url]www.findjoshua.com[/url]

"The joy is in the journey."
              -Frosty Westering

Comment

[quote author=FundamentalPrecepts link=topic=4136.msg176630#msg176630 date=1240953662]
                I didn't know that they would do this, though it certainly makes sense. I'm now excited to get my hands on the Everest Experience case, which for some reason I no longer have. I've wanted to re-read it for some time.
                [/quote]

Yep...as long as you are using it for institutional purposes (or something loosely related) you are entitled to access if you paid the fee that year. They are pretty good about checking records/granting access if you request it.
                It's all about the U.

Comment

JJ did it.
                  There's no school like the old school.

Comment

Working...
                  X