X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gamti 2014

GAMTI RESULTS (from AMTA's websi

Team School
    796 Harvard University 11.5 Wins (CS: 31.5, OCS: 102, PD: 104)
    304 Duke University 9 Wins (CS: 25, OCS: 107, PD: 75)
    826 University of Georgia 9 Wins (CS: 21.5, OCS: 106.5, PD: 16)
    844 Tufts 8.5 Wins (CS: 26, OCS: 102.5, PD: 57)
    584 Furman University 8.5 Wins (CS: 17.5, OCS: 95, PD: 32)
    872 Rhodes College 8 Wins (CS: 23, OCS: 107, PD: 33)
    564 New York University 8 Wins (CS: 21.5, OCS: 109.5, PD: 37)
    928 Yale University 8 Wins (CS: 21, OCS: 100.5, PD: 41)
    996 University of New Mexico 6.5 Wins (CS: 19.5, OCS: 105.5, PD: 2)
    992 Miami University 6 Wins (CS: 31.5, OCS: 103, PD: 23)

Really happy for Zach and the gang from Harvard for shattering records and devastating the competition. Props to Will Hawkins, a key part of Duke's 2012 National Championship, for coaching the Duke Devils so well. It's not listed here, but props to Kyle for nabbing an Outstanding Witness award. Folks don't know it, but he was actually one rank off the All-National AND prelim All-American Witness as a freshman (2013), and given that I'll bet he's gonna double-attorney after the preseason, it's cool that his immense witness talents are being recognized now.

Comment

Also not listed here is Rebecca Blair from Duke, who earned an Outstanding Witness award (27 ∆) this weekend. Thank you to Yale, UVA, Columbia, and Miami for terrific rounds of competition. Special thanks to the Cavaliers for once again running such an exceptional invitational!
      Justice is like a hot dog. If you love it, you shouldn’t watch how it is made.

Comment

Without the tab summary, it may not be obvious from the CS alone, but Harvard absolutely crushed this tournament. Every team they faced finished in the top 10 (Miami, Rhodes, Georgia, and Tufts) and they still only "dropped" half a ballot. They were absolutely incredible, across the entire team.

A quick shout out to Amelia Yeomelakis for her double attorney award!

Comment

Originally posted by bluedress View Post
          Without the tab summary, it may not be obvious from the CS alone, but Harvard absolutely crushed this tournament. Every team they faced finished in the top 10 (Miami, Rhodes, Georgia, and Tufts) and they still only "dropped" half a ballot. They were absolutely incredible, across the entire team.
          I can attest to this. Tufts hit them last round, and they were excellent, particularly for this stage of the season. A well deserved victory!

Thanks to Penn State, New Mexico, Illinois, and Harvard for four great, clean rounds! All four teams were not only excellent in round, but super friendly before and after the fact, which made our first GAMTI experience a lot more fun. It was also nice to run into a few friends from Georgia, Yale, and Gtown!

And finally, thanks to Toby, Sarah, and the whole UVA gang for putting on a phenomenal tournament. From a participant perspective, everything seemed to run very smoothly and efficiently, pretty much all the judges we got to see were great, and the competition was excellent!

Comment

Originally posted by Madboy121 View Post
            Also not listed here is Rebecca Blair from Duke, who earned an Outstanding Witness award (27 ∆) this weekend. Thank you to Yale, UVA, Columbia, and Miami for terrific rounds of competition. Special thanks to the Cavaliers for once again running such an exceptional invitational!
            I'm curious how these teams have changed without their main attorneys from the last four years. Yale without Nayak, UVA without Swanson, Columbia without Isaacson, Miami without Block? I'm most curious about Yale and Miami because they finished in top 10.

Comment

Originally posted by fantasticfour View Post
              I'm curious how these teams have changed without their main attorneys from the last four years. Yale without Nayak, UVA without Swanson, Columbia without Isaacson, Miami without Block? I'm most curious about Yale and Miami because they finished in top 10.
              In that same vain, can anyone speak to the sudden success of Tufts? I was surprised when they were invited to GAMTI and after seeing the Tab summary I was even more surprised. Not trying to trash them at all, just curious if they have any new/rising members that are helping with their success.

Comment

Originally posted by tman View Post
                In that same vain, can anyone speak to the sudden success of Tufts? I was surprised when they were invited to GAMTI and after seeing the Tab summary I was even more surprised. Not trying to trash them at all, just curious if they have any new/rising members that are helping with their success.
                Might want to look at the tab summaries from Nationals for the last, what, like 3-4 years straight?

Comment

Originally posted by Nur Rauch View Post
                  Might want to look at the tab summaries from Nationals for the last, what, like 3-4 years straight?
                  I know that Tufts always makes it to Nationals but they haven't placed in like 4 years, so I was wondering if they had gotten any new talent. If you look at the rest of the top ten at GAMTI, most of them have recently placed at Nationals.

Comment

Yale, at least, is still unstacked, by the by.

Comment

Gamti 2014

Not at GAMTI. I'm pretty sure they require that attending teams be stacked.

Comment

Originally posted by 42andeverything View Post
                        Not at GAMTI. I'm pretty sure they require that attending teams be stacked.
                        A lot of teams do stack for GAMTI. Some teams "stack" though. The idea is that you send a stacked team, but more importantly that you don't send like a D team or something. So for example, to my knowledge, UCLA isn't stacked yet, and I'm pretty sure Yale isn't either.

Comment

Working...
                        X