Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any update on coach selections?

Comment

With the first round exactly one month away, I am excited to announce the full list of competitors and coaches. The coaches are extremely accomplished: All 16 have competed or coached at AMTA’s National Championship Tournament, and collectively they have won seven national championships and six All-American Awards.

Deisy Abarca-Espiritu will represent the University of Rochester and be coached by teammate Zachary Marshall-Carter.

Elizabeth Bays will represent Yale University and be coached by her father, Timothy Bays.

Christopher Grant will represent Northwood University and be coached by the team’s head coach, DeLois Leapheart.

Kaitlyn Harper will represent Northern Illinois University with the assistance of her coach, Dr. Mitchell Pickerill.

Stephen Johnson will represent the University of Cincinnati with the assistance of his coach, Josh Leckrone.

Mike Kleynman will represent Rutgers University with the help of his coach Michael Roberts.

Danielle Kunkel will represent Miami University with the assistance of her coach Neal Schuett.

Dylan McAuley will represent the University of Richmond and be coached by former teammate Jabari Lucas.

Nicolas Ramos will represent New York University with the help of his coach, Amanda Tuminelli.

Eric Roytman will represent The Ohio State University and be coached by program alum Megan Keenan.

Jack Seigenthaler will represent Stanford University with assistance from his coach, Thom Scher.

Rachel Sommers will represent Columbia University and be coached by former teammate Nick Zurawski.

Zeke Starr will represent the University of Tennessee – Chattanooga with assistance from coach Erika Hyde.

Sarah Stebbins will represent Georgia Tech University with the help of her coach, Will Warihay.

Enrico Trevisani will represent the University of Arizona and be coached by former teammate Nicholas Beachy.

Deniz Tunceli will represent the University of Virginia with help from his coach, Ryan Leonard.
      Last edited by Justin B.; May 23rd, 2018, 04:11 PM.

Comment

Justin B. Do you know if any of the previous gladiator cases are available online? I'm interested in seeing what they look like!

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Thomas View Post
          Justin B. Do you know if any of the previous gladiator cases are available online? I'm interested in seeing what they look like!
          Thanks for the question. They are usually only available to Gladiators (and their coaches), but I may make one available before Trial by Combat if the college competitors want to see the style of my 1-on-1 cases.

Comment

I have added the 2017 Gladiator case to the Google Drive file linked above. This should provide a sense of how I write one-on-one cases, even if this is simpler/shorter than the Trial by Combat case.

Comment

On Friday, June 22, the 16 competitors receive the case in the morning. I will post the case here so anyone can read it. They have 24 hours to prepare.

On Sunday, June 24, we plan to livestream the awards ceremony and the final round. Information about where to access the livestream is below. This is our first time doing a livestream in the our new building, so as a backup, we are recording the final round. We can make the recording available if something goes wrong.

To access the livestream, go to the Trial by Combat page on the Drexel website, and click the livestream link. I expect the awards ceremony to start around 11:30-11:45, and I aim to start the final round by 12:30.

UPDATE: The case is live. Here is the synopsis:

In 1998, Ellen Woodward was prosecuted for the murder of her husband. The trial resulted in a hung jury. Twenty years later, new evidence was discovered, and the Government decided to re-try Ellen Woodward for murder. Trial begins June 23, 2018.
              Last edited by Justin B.; Yesterday, 08:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X