Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Were semi pairings ever posted?

Comment

Wow, they ended up using the second alternate (and kudos to him for that short prep period, holy hell)! I wonder who all were on the alternate list/approached for being alternates.

Comment

Semi:
        Johnson vs. Grandhi
        Garson vs. Kuang

Final:
        Johnson vs. Kuang

Comment

So the livestream cut out during the awards announcements: someone care to share the HM and top 5?

Comment

Kuang dropping the metal pipe on the floor in his opening was awesomely clever. But IMO the prosecution would win everyone's closing checkmark if he repeat the pipe drop at the very beginning or the very ending of his closing and say, "The defense admitted in the very first minute of their case, in their opening, that this attack could not possibly have happened as she says it did. Because that pipe is loud. It's heavy. It damaged the carpeted floor. Imagine what it would have done to someone if it was used in earnest, instead of used delicately as part of a fake attack."

Comment

happygolucky 3rd Grandhi 4th Garson 5th Campbell HM Bays, Grant. It cut out so idk if there were any other HMs but HM is anyone with a winning record so that might be it or one more

Comment

Am I the only one that doesn't like Kuang's use of "yes, or, no?" on cross?

Comment

Originally posted by 123456789 View Post
                  Am I the only one that doesn't like Kuang's use of "yes, or, no?" on cross?
                  I thought it was a bit jarring too. I don't think the witness was narrating enough to really warrant it. Some judges will probably like him controlling on cross though. Nobody has a consensus on how much a crossing attorney should try to control the witness.

Comment

Closing. The pipe is on the desk. Johnson's going to drop it in a repeat!

Comment

#PIPEHYPEPIPEHYPEPIPEHYPE!!!!! YES!!!!

#Johnson2020

#Tylenoareyoukiddingme?

Comment

Objecting during closing, wow.

Comment

Kuang needs a really good closing to be able to have a chance at winning, imo.

Comment

Did Kuang publish the bank statement in his closing even after Johnson told the Court it wasn't entered in evidence before the closing? Wat? And did Johnson then proceed not to object to it anyway? What the.

Comment

Originally posted by Nur Rauch View Post
                              Did Kuang publish the bank statement in his closing even after Johnson told the Court it wasn't entered in evidence before the closing? Wat? And did Johnson then proceed not to object to it anyway? What the.
                              Yeah, what was that about?

Comment

Are the TBC rules different than AMTA in regards to objecting during Closing? Because I think Kuang was right, but Bernstein overruled anyway just because you never object in closing. That's probably why Johnson didn't raise an issue with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X