No announcement yet.

Trial by Combat 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TBC permits objections in opening and closing. Judges were so instructed. Justin overruled because there was no "vouching."

Comment

Final Round:

Witness: Elliott 4 - 3 Bays
      Attorney: Johnson 4 - 3 Kuang

(as I recalled from the livestream, someone please correct me if I'm wrong)

Comment

Originally posted by Nur Rauch View Post
        Did Kuang publish the bank statement in his closing even after Johnson told the Court it wasn't entered in evidence before the closing? Wat? And did Johnson then proceed not to object to it anyway? What the.
        So the bank statement was entered into evidence. That question from Kuang was in reference to the physical cash that was found in Watt’s home after the FBI search, which is alleged to have been given to him by the defendant.

Comment

Originally posted by adamsel View Post
          happygolucky 3rd Grandhi 4th Garson 5th Campbell HM Bays, Grant. It cut out so idk if there were any other HMs but HM is anyone with a winning record so that might be it or one more
          My recollection is the HMs (in no order because I don't remember what order they were announced in) were Grant, Bays, Gaskins, Stebbins.

Comment

Originally posted by RiversLeapart
            Johnson and his girlfriend/coach wrote material that beat out that of national champions, AMTA board members, and multiple ivy league degrees. That's gotta hurt.
            Rich analysis for someone who came on our show and repeated the lies they told to the police...

Comment

Originally posted by RiversLeapart
              Johnson and his girlfriend/coach wrote material that beat out that of national champions, AMTA board members, and multiple ivy league degrees. That's gotta hurt.
              I'm being an idiot for even responding, but...whatever underlying sentiment you're getting at is pretty demonstrably false. Johnson wouldn't have been there if he hadn't been a top-notch competitor, and given that his rounds in both the semifinal and final were extremely close, I don't see how anyone could be too upset by the results.

Comment

Originally posted by bengarmoe View Post

Rich analysis for someone who came on our show and repeated the lies they told to the police...
                I concur with Garry, as professional journalists, renowned reporters, seekers of truth, voices of the masses, and podcast hosts (take your pick). We were horrified to see such lies infect our reputable show. RiversLeapart you will never be invited back on THE REAL REVIEW!

Comment

Thanks to everyone who competed in, coached or, watched Trial by Combat 2019. All weekend, our judges were raving about the quality of competition. I presided over two trials -- the incredible final round and the R3 matchup of Kleynman v. Stebbins (Grandhi v. Grant as witnesses), which was worthy of a final round.

The results reported above are correct. I don't know if someone else mentioned this, but Sydney Gaskins won the Best Witness award.

In a few weeks (after Gladiator), I will look over the ballot data and report back if there's anything interesting.

We are excited to host Trial by Combat 2020 at UCLA. I'll let you know when we have a date.

Comment

PS - I just received some of the tournament photos. We will be sharing all of them, but here are some of my favorites:

group photo 2019.jpegweapons 2019.jpegattack 2019.jpeg

Comment

Working...
                    X