2012-2013 New England Invitationals Schedule

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012-2013 New England Invitationals Schedule

Hello, mocker here from Bryant University in Smithfield, RI. Our university is looking to be proactive about hosting an invitational competition on our campus for approximately 8 local teams. We also intend to visit a handful of other schools during the first few months of the fall semester to test our mettle.

As such, I believe it would be to the mutual benefit of everyone on Perjuries to post the dates of our schools' proposed invitationals as soon as they are known. For schools like Bryant whose MTAs are looking to host, and for all schools whose teams are seeking to go to tournaments hosted on other campuses, this allows us to work around and be mindful of our respective schedules and hopefully establish something definitive without stepping on the toes of other teams.

Please contact me at cheroux@bryant.edu if interested in either participating in an invitational at Bryant or having Bryant attend an invitational hosted on your campus. Here's hoping plenty of regional schools contribute to this thread so we can have something useful and comprehensive to work with, as the collegemocktrial.org site has not yet been updated with next year's invitational dates, and last year's list doesn't seem to have a comprehensive list of NE invitationals anyhow.

--
    Collin H.
    Bryant University
    "A lawyer with his briefcase can steal more than a hundred men with guns."
    - Mario Puzo

Originally posted by Challenge Accepted View Post
    Collin H.
    Bryant University
    The gauntlet for Perjuries dominance has been dropped. There can be only one.

Comment

Since I happened to be passing through reading post-championship commentary, I though I might as well give you a leg up on your quest.

The TRADITIONAL schedule - and I stress this, no longer being associated with a program and having no knowledge of plans for next season - is as follows:

October
      2nd Weekend: Guardian Invitational at the Coast Guard Academy
      3rd Weekend: University of New Hampshire Invitational, Columbia University Big Apple Invitational Tournament, Happy Valley Invitational at Penn State
      4th Weekend (Halloween): Formerly the Justice Louis Brandeis Invitational at Brandeis University, now vacant

November
      1st Weekend: Formerly the Crimson Classic (before the disastrous Fall '09 tournament), now the Brandeis Invitational
      2nd Weekend: Mumbo Jumbo Invitational at Tufts University; Quaker Classic at the University of Pennsylvania
      3rd Weekend: Thanksgiving Classic at the University of Massachusetts-Amherst
      4th Weekend: Vacant (Thanksgiving)

December
      1st Weekend: Yale Invitational

January
      3rd Weekend: Fordham University - Rose Hill Invitational (with a title in Latin I can't pronounce or spell)
      4th Weekend: Big Red Invitational Tournament at Cornell University

The AMTA site isn't a comprehensive listing; they only post blurbs or dates sent to them.

Anyway, hope you find this helpful.
      The flowers that bloom in the spring, tra-la,
      Have nothing to do with the case.

Comment

The Fourth Annual Colgate Classic will be November 10th and 11th. Look for our official announcement in May, or if you're super interested and/or have questions, you can e-mail mocktrial@colgate.edu.
        Last edited by stateofmind; April 29th, 2012, 04:02 PM.

Comment

The Third Annual Thanksgiving Classic will be held November 16th through 18th. If you have any questions you can e-mail umassmock@gmail.com

Comment

Pace Law (White Plains)

We are considering hosting a 14-16 team invitational at Pace Law School in White Plains on the same weekend as the Empire in January - think its weekend 3.

We are also contemplating the "Anteater East" on Halloween Weekend, a lower-cost, coach-judged tournament that is really intended for area schools that are less active in invitationals to get their first tournament of the year in.

I'm just probing interest. If anyone thinks their program might be interested, shoot me a private message.

Comment

The inaugural Bill Belichick Invitational Tournament (BBIT) will take place in Foxboro, Mass. on September 15/16. Taping of all rounds will be mandatory.
              "I believe that, so long as there is plenty, poverty is evil." --RFK

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Hitch View Post
                The inaugural Bill Belichick Invitational Tournament (BBIT) will take place in Foxboro, Mass. on September 15/16. Taping of all rounds will be mandatory.
                You take that back.
                Alex Gottfried
                Fordham Coach (2014-Present)
                Tufts Mocker (2009-2013)

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Hitch View Post
                  rounds will be in gillette stadium?

Comment

Originally posted by gaelmocker View Post
                    rounds will be in gillette stadium?
                    Rounds 1-4 will be held in various parts of the Stadium, mostly luxury boxes but also making use of the locker rooms, concession stands, and janitor's shed. The championship round will be held at midfield, shown on the jumbotron and broadcast live on NESN.
                    "I believe that, so long as there is plenty, poverty is evil." --RFK

Comment

As per KipBMT's post,

The Penn State Mock Trial Association will be hosting its 5th Annual Happy Valley Invitational on October 20-21, 2012. More information will be posted as its made available on http://www.clubs.psu.edu/up/mocktrial/hvi.html.

Please e-mail any inquires regarding the 2012 HVI to psumocktrial@gmail.com.

Comment

Penn State? Never heard of them.

Comment

Boston College Mock Trial is tentatively scheduling an invitational for the first weekend in December. I'll post more information as soon as it becomes available.

Comment

Does anyone have any info about the 2012 Guardian Invitational? I've had no luck with their old contact information, I'm just wondering if anything has been planned as of yet.

Comment

Any brandeis results up?

Comment

Working...
                              X